Creating a New Customer Account
The following article reviews how to configure a new customer account within your partner Control Panel. Each customer account will be created without any active services, and will require them to be enabled after creation.
- Log into your Control Panel using any web browser (Chrome and Internet Explorer are recommended). The Control Panel may be accessed at https://my.appportal.cloud
- Click on Create New Account in the left-hand menu.
- The Create New Account page contains three steps. In the first page, ensure that Create a Customer Account is selected and fill in the customer’s details.
- Account Name: This is the name as it appear in your Customer List, and typically is set to the customer’s business name.
- Billing Type: At this time, only the Subscription model is supported.
- Price Plan: This selects the price schedule that is to be assigned to the account. The Default Price Schedule will typically assign MSRP for all services. Custom price schedules can be created under the Price Schedules page.
- Support Email Address: This address will receive notifications and the Welcome Letter for this customer account. This can be set to an administrative user at the customer’s company, or to a support representative at your organization if you are managing the customer.
- Company Phone: This is the company’s business phone number.
- Street Address: This is the company’s physical address.
- City/State/Zip/Country: These fields correspond to the company’s physical address. Please ensure these fields are filled out correctly, as certain services are location-dependant and will validate this information.
- Primary Domain: This is the customer’s primary domain name. Additional alias and tenant domains can be added by clicking the Add additional domains link. IMPORTANT: If the customer has an existing Office 365 account that you will be converting, you MUST enter in any and all Office 365 Tenant domains (IE contoso.onmicrosoft.com) as additional domains.
- Website: This is the company’s website.
- Company Logo: This is the logo that will appear when any of the customer’s users logs into the Control Panel. The customer’s own company logo is often used if they self-administer their account, or the reseller’s logo is often used if the reseller provides all administration for the account.
- Once the customer’s information has been filled in, click the Next Step button.
- Enter the Primary Contact Information for the customer. This will generally be the user responsible for administering the account, or it can be a dedicated user admin user for your access.
- First Name/Last Name/Display Name: These fields list the user’s name.
- Email: This is the user’s email address. The domain is automatically set to the customer account’s primary domain.
- Alternative Email: This is a third-party email that is used for Welcome Letters and password resets in case of a forgotten password.
- Country/State/City/ZIP/Address/Phone: This is the user’s personal phone and address information. These fields are automatically populated from the customer account information entered on the previous screen, but can be updated as needed.
- Password: The password can be set by one of two methods. Set password by email link will send an email to the address that is entered in the subsequent fields. That email will contain a link that will allow the recipient to set their own password for the user account. Manually generate password allows you to create a pre-defined or randomly generated password. Checking the Email new password box will send a Welcome Letter with the new password to the Alternative Email address.
- Once the Primary Contact’s information has been filled in, click the Next Step button.
- Select whether to sent a Welcome Letter for this account. If an Alternative Email was entered for the Primary Contact, the Welcome Letter will be sent to that address. Otherwise the Welcome Letter will be sent to the address entered in Step 3.
- Click the Create Customer button.
The new Customer account will be created and you will be redirected to the My Customers page. It may take a few minutes for the new account to be fully provisioned, so we recommend refreshing the My Customers page after a few minutes.